• Advertisement

I've been thinking.....

Quality Squirrel Management Association

Moderator: Bullie

Forum rules
1. The QSMA President has the right to EDIT/DELETE anything in this forum as he sees fit.

2. Any disagreements in this forum will first be addressed by his royal highness, the QSMA President.

3. In the event a dispute can not/ will not be addressed by the QSMA President, an outside arbitrator (gtk) will offer his opinion.

4. This is a PRO-QSMA forum.

I've been thinking.....

Postby Bullie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Currently on the QSMA staff I have my sometimes wacky 1st Apprentice--Mag Shooter; 2nd Apprentice--Circle C; 3rd Apprentice--Fourthhorseman; and my handle all rough situations and/or folks Trash Czar--RHarrison.

I was thinking about having some sort of contest for a 4th Apprentice spot. You newcomers, and regulars that would like to increase your exposure and rank, could tell us why the QSMA means so much to you personally and squirrel hunting in general. And you could tell us why you would make the best #4 Apprentice for the QSMA.

Of course there are great benefits to this position. Folks will look up to you because you get to hunt with me and they will ask you things about me and such. They will also want to know what I say about all things squirrel which you can repeat to them. I am sure there are some discounts at restaurants and tool barns too. Can't think of any right off hand, but maybe thats what I will put the 4th Apprentice in charge of.

So, y'all sign up and we will get this contest rocking!!!!!
The Paterfamilias of Modern Squirrel Hunting.

Current B&S World Record Holder 1.96 B&S points taken in the Mississippi Hills.

QSMA President and resident expert on all things squirrel.

NRA Life Member/Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club
Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Re: I've been thinking.....

Postby FireCloud » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I was thinking of applying but I heard to get any rank in the QSMA you have to be deathly afraid of a Sasquatch and I guess that disqualifies me. On another forum I once volunteered to fight a 225 pound buck with a 9 inch bowie knife so fear of wildlife, Sasquatch or whatever, is just not in my vocabulary. I guess they could not find a buck willing to take me on, cause there never was any contest. But anyway, that is another tale and not what this post is about.

What I wanted to know is if I take on the Apprentice #4 spot do I have to break my hand on a T-bar for the initiation? Its not that I mind breaking bones...I have already broken or cracked 10 or 12 bones at various times in my life....three toes, some bones in my foot, one thumb, both elbows, two ribs, my tailbone, and my skull....but its that I really need to be able to keep working and I need my hand to be unbroken in order to do so.

So is it really necessary to be afraid of wild animals and break your hand to be QSMA top brass? Just asking.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:42 am

It is a popularly held false belief that a QSMA officer must be afraid of sasquatches. In fact, other than myself, none of the current officers would admit to being afraid of a sasquatch. I would like to point out that none of them have seen one either. That tends to change points of view.

You also will not be required to break your hands to earn entry into this great organization. This was an accident on both counts. I struck the left hand with a hammer :smash: while driving tent stakes and was very lucky not to skewer my right hand while telling the sasquatch story to Limbhanger. :oops: Just a bad run of luck.

Having a bowie knife does help your case. We have pictures of my #3 Apprentice Fourthhorseman doing major reconstructive surgery on his eyeglasses with a bowie knife. It was a sight to behold.

At any rate, I hope I alleviated your concerns over fears of sasquatches and hand breakin' before you can be a QSMA officer. Good luck with your application.

The Prez

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby BeardsAndBones » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:19 am

Bullie have you posted the story about sasquatch over here yet. They would love it. :2TU:
BeardsAndBones
10 Point

Postby Bullie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 am

BandB,
I think it is here somewhere.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby BigRic » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:38 pm

yeah it's here... :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
LIFE MEMBER of VFW POST 9573
DESERT STORM 90/91

Team 1

To walk the streets of gold.
You got to know the password.
It's "ROLL TIDE ROLL"
BigRic
Pope&Young

Postby Bullie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:31 am

Everytime I reach into my pocket for something, I get reminded of sasquatches. I still have a pretty good knot on my wrist.

Bullie
QSMA Know-it-All

Postby mag shooter » Sat May 01, 2010 12:33 am

Bullie wrote:Everytime I reach into my pocket for something, I get reminded of sasquatches. I still have a pretty good knot on my wrist.

Duh .... quit reachin in you pocket !!
mag shooter
4 Point

Postby slabsides45 » Sun May 02, 2010 5:48 pm

Wow, don't show up for a coupla months or so, and folks go actin' like you don't exist any more!! I've been deeeeeeep under cover chasing down the last of the renegade ninja assassin... er.... atypical growth batch of squirrels, so couldn't post for fear of outing myself.

So, I see that I'm relegated to being a flunky again? :cry:

Well, maybe I'll make up for it this coming season. I've got a 10/22 getting a facelift at the friendly neighborhood gunsmith as we speak, getting an M203 added and such. Pics will come when he's done, I'm sure.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill
slabsides45
button buck

Return to QSMA