• Advertisement

Primos Factory Tour

Outdoor related gear talk

Primos Factory Tour

Postby FireCloud » Fri May 28, 2010 12:17 am

I finally got a work assignment that was fun to do. Today I got to tour the entire Primos factory from top to bottom! It's a really cool place and probably the most laid back work atmosphere I have ever seen. Bailey, the Primos dog, came to greet me from her bed back in one of the warehouse areas. Her pen is located just outside the loading docks and she has free run of the place. And workers were wearing casual shorts and sandals, jeans, or whatever they wanted. I want a job there! :D

Primos has a very nice store that stocks every single product they sell. Few Primos dealers stock their complete product line so if you want to find something, just drive to Flora, MS and buy it at their store. You will be paying full retail but you can find anything you want there. Saw a great looking bowhunter's vest that Will Primos wears in some of the videos. And the new line of pop up blinds look great for turkey hunting! Naturally, I wanted one of every item I saw.

Also got to see the video production areas. Those guys shoot a lot of video! And they have a neat archery range set up out back for the guys to practice who are featured in some of their video shoots.

Mounted game is everywhere throughout the place and some are great trophy animals. It was fun to see how they made some of the items they sell. While Primos is now owned by Optronics Company, not much has changed in terms of their overall business style. It is still run by the "'good ole boys" who have been there for many years.

And before everyone asks to see photos, unfortunately I cannot post them for privacy reasons. Primos does not want shots of its manufacturing line posted on the internet which is understandable.

But if you are in the area, do pay a visit to their store. You will enjoy it and likely come home with a new toy or two for next hunting season.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Primos Factory Tour

Postby LadyHunter » Fri May 28, 2010 5:58 am

Sounds cool. I would want to spend to much money... i want one of those and one of those..... :lol: :lol:
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Fri May 28, 2010 7:06 am

Sounds like a great visit.....i carried a turkey call to get repaired by their place when it was on State St. many years ago and got to go in the back where they did all the work.....was interesting
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby gtk » Fri May 28, 2010 7:48 am

That would be an interesting tour..

Just curious. What kind of assignment was it? Do you do writing on the side or what ?
gtk
Admin

Postby FireCloud » Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 am

I was searching for illegals and thus had to look in every box. :D

Just kidding. Yes, I do some freelance writing strictly as a hobby but that is not my "real job." Actually, I do several completely different things in connection with my primary occupation. One of those things is I am a certified commercial property inspector. I do a variety of physical property inspections for a number of clients on every type of commercial property and work a territory throughout most of the state. I just don't often get to inspect a hunting products factory!

Yep, Ladyhunter, you would definitely want "one of these and one of those" when you visit their showroom. They had products everywhere that I wanted to take home with me!
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Postby ducman77 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:55 am

I know one of the guys that works there and is always in their videos... He is a super nice guy I have known him for close to 20 years. He is a hunting machine..
TEAM 7
ducman77
6 Point

Return to Gear