• Advertisement

DUCKS

DUCKS

Postby JSutton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:21 am

has anyone found any ducks lately .. i talked to my uncle who talked to a few guys who hunted in askew, and out of 3 groups of people they killed one duck .. help we need ducks
JSutton
Spike

Re: DUCKS

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:20 am

JSutton wrote:has anyone found any ducks lately .. i talked to my uncle who talked to a few guys who hunted in askew, and out of 3 groups of people they killed one duck .. help we need ducks

I know where a bunch of ducks are but we don't let people hunt them during deer season. :twisted: :twisted:

There had to be 200 on the pond I was hunting around last weekend. :lol: :lol:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby JSutton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:42 am

all i can say is i wish i was there weve just been killin woodys
JSutton
Spike

Postby ufgators68 » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:00 am

JSutton wrote:all i can say is i wish i was there weve just been killin woodys

I have no idea what duck is what but I did see quite a few mallards out there. And a bunch of annoying little birds that look like killdeer but have longer beaks. Those little boogers are loud. :lol: :lol:

I've thought about buying my stamps and killing a few on the way out from my deer stand. :twisted:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby JSutton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:27 pm

haha i hear ya those are probably wood ducks or teal if they make whistling noises
JSutton
Spike

Postby gtk » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:37 pm

a few friends of mine limited out today... They hunt around beartail near arkabutla
gtk
Admin

Postby JSutton » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:25 pm

really .. i talked to my uncle .. again .. not even an hour ago and he hunted askew this mornin .. saw nine birds and hunted on some land bordering bear lake this afternoon and didnt see a duck .. who knows im leavin for arkansas after i take the ACT in the mornin
JSutton
Spike

Postby ufgators68 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:46 pm

There wasn't nearly as many on the pond this morning.... 40 maybe 50 at the most. But there was one weird bird. It'd dive under and come back up but only stick it's head out of the water for a few seconds then come on up. It looked like a very young bird and it never flew off the whole time I was there. Even after I shot a beaver with my 45-70 it stayed there.

These all looked like mallards this morning. And good lord were they loud, that dang beaver kept screwing with them and making them quack. :shock: :shock:
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby gtk » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Reb wrote:And a bunch of annoying little birds that look like killdeer but have longer beaks. Those little boogers are loud. :lol: :lol:

I saw one of those birds this morngin. It was walkign along the shore and looks like a kildee/snipe mix :) Long beak..
gtk
Admin

Postby ufgators68 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:37 am

gtk wrote:
Reb wrote:And a bunch of annoying little birds that look like killdeer but have longer beaks. Those little boogers are loud. :lol: :lol:

I saw one of those birds this morngin. It was walkign along the shore and looks like a kildee/snipe mix :) Long beak..

That's it. :lol: :lol: I was wishing for my shotgun that morning so I could kill them all. :x :x
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby JSutton » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:55 pm

that might be coots .. are they black with a white lookin beak ? anyway so reb you know the family .. my grandpa and uncle helped in my whole upcoming in hunting .. if you look under quitman county i killed that buck this year on dougs place, but anyway .. I FOUND THE DUCKS!! Brinkley, AR .. we just got back about an hour ago . ill try to get some pics on here[/img]
JSutton
Spike

Postby ufgators68 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:08 am

JSutton wrote:that might be coots .. are they black with a white lookin beak ? anyway so reb you know the family .. my grandpa and uncle helped in my whole upcoming in hunting .. if you look under quitman county i killed that buck this year on dougs place, but anyway .. I FOUND THE DUCKS!! Brinkley, AR .. we just got back about an hour ago . ill try to get some pics on here[/img]

Dude, when you kill something like that you're supposed to be happy not looking like some peed in your cheerios that morning. :lol: :lol:

There are some very nice deer in that area, the one listed for Tom Sturgeon was killed outside of Lambert on Okeefe WMA.
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Postby nsutton » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:14 am

Reb wrote:
JSutton wrote:that might be coots .. are they black with a white lookin beak ? anyway so reb you know the family .. my grandpa and uncle helped in my whole upcoming in hunting .. if you look under quitman county i killed that buck this year on dougs place, but anyway .. I FOUND THE DUCKS!! Brinkley, AR .. we just got back about an hour ago . ill try to get some pics on here[/img]

Dude, when you kill something like that you're supposed to be happy not looking like some peed in your cheerios that morning. :lol: :lol:

There are some very nice deer in that area, the one listed for Tom Sturgeon was killed outside of Lambert on Okeefe WMA.

He always looks like that. I'm his dad, I should know.
nsutton
10 Point

Return to Waterfowl