• Advertisement

safety harness issue ??

Outdoor related gear talk

safety harness issue ??

Postby RoadRanger » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Here is my situation for the past two deer seasons I have had issues drawing my bow to the right hand side of my stands because of my hunter safety system teather. I saw the post about the big group buy on these and figured I would ask if anyone else has this problem. The teather is only maybe 3 feet long or so from my back to the tree. I am a right handed shooter so when I draw my bow for a shot to my right the teather is totally in my way. I need like 3 more additional feet or so. I am a young guy, 26, so a 6 foot fall with a sudden yank if I were to fall wouldnt hurt much. Any ideas?
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Re: safety harness issue ??

Postby gtk » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:29 am

is there not any way to add a length of rope to it ? i use the safety belt that came with my summit stand.. I think its a "seat of the pants" harness, and I think its about 3 or 4 feet.
gtk
Admin

Postby mikybigbuck » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 am

I use a piece of heavy rope (like climbers use) with a loop tied in the end. on the other end is a chain connecting link rated at about 6-700 lbs. I just wrap it around the tree(about eye level), and run the link thru the loop, and connect the link to the loop on the harness (around shoulder height). it may be 6 ft long total, and i have no problem shooting in any direction.
Looking for Mr Big
mikybigbuck
Non-Typical

Postby RoadRanger » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:53 am

Thats kinda what I was planning on doing
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Return to Gear