• Advertisement

Used PSE Compound Bow Questions

Outdoor related gear talk

Used PSE Compound Bow Questions

Postby FireCloud » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:50 pm

A friend of mine has a used PSE compound bow with a few arrows he is wanting to sell for some extra cash. I am considering purchasing it for someone as a gift but need some help with a few questions. As all of you know, I am a traditional archer and have zero experience with any compound.

First, what is your opinion of a PSE bow? My bowhunting friend shoots a PSE and he likes it. However, I don't know the strengths or weaknesses of this brand. Are there any specific models that were "duds" which I should avoid? I don't know what model this bow is, but am told it is set at 63 pounds.

Second, when purchasing a used compound bow, what things should I check carefully? I would hate to buy a bow as a gift that had hidden defects I did not discover.

Third, what is the range of prices typical for a used PSE bow. I know that is a hard question to answer without more details, but any help is appreciated.

Finally, how much would it cost to get the bow tuned and set to fit the shooter's needs by a good bow shop?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Re: Used PSE Compound Bow Questions

Postby ufgators68 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:31 am

What model is it?
ufgators68
Boone&Crockett

Re: Used PSE Compound Bow Questions

Postby RoadRanger » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:58 am

There are SEVERAL things you need to look at before buying. First what model is it? How old is the bow? How big is the shooter as far as height and draw length? The value of a bow can range greatly depending on age and condition. When you inspect the bow look at the string and cables for wear, cracks on th limbs and risers or any sort of creaking when drawing the bow. The list goes on and on.
If the seller will let you take it to a local shop so they can inspect it from a professional standpoint that would be your best bet and that way you can ask any question you may have about the value of the bow plus the cost of setting the bow up for the shooter and price of sights, quiver, release etc you my spend. Hope this helps
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Return to Gear