• Advertisement

Green Anole

Please share you outdoor photography here.

Green Anole

Postby Ironwood » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:16 pm

On a warm day a couple of weeks back I happened to see a Green Anole lizard sunning on the rim of an old cow feed tub. Here's one of him all stretched out.

Click on the thumbnails to see the full size photo.

As the sun moved the Anole had to get up and move to a warmer spot. About that time he decided he wasn't particularly happy about all my attention.

Born in the Pineywoods of East Texas a long long time ago.
Ironwood
Gone but not Forgotten

Re: Green Anole

Postby gtk » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:29 pm

8)
gtk
Admin

Postby saddaddykiller » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:00 pm

can you catch me some of those so i can use em as fishing bait?
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
saddaddykiller
Pope&Young

Postby Ironwood » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm

LOL..... Sorry Saddaddy... but those little squirts are my friends. With a little patience and a wiggling grasshopper you can have them eating out of your hand.

Now if I happen to see any of the Brown Anoles I'll be glad to send them to you dead or alive. The Brown Anole is from Cuba and the Bahamas. The Brown is more aggressive than the Green and are driving the Green out of their normal habitat.
Born in the Pineywoods of East Texas a long long time ago.
Ironwood
Gone but not Forgotten

Postby dustygoodson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 pm

:thumbsup: thats kool
dustygoodson
Pope&Young

Postby FireCloud » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:49 pm

Good pics. I have two or three of the brown ones on my window screen nearly every night eating moths. In warm weather when the window is up, I enjoy harassing them with the kitchen sink sprayer. Glad you told me the brown ones need to be extinguished in order to give the green ones a chance to survive.

I "disposed" of one of the brown type last week. One pushed his way under the screen and got inside. I blasted him with hot water, which caused him to drop into the sink, whereupon I ground him up with the garbage disposer. My rule is all such creatures who enter my house are dead meat. Hopefully this will give the green ones a better chance at some of the moths!
2013-2014 Team Double Drop Tine

"And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth" Genesis 9:2
FireCloud
Pope&Young

Return to Wildlife Photography