• Advertisement

Coffee buck

Whats happening in your neck of the woods ?

Coffee buck

Postby flipper » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Wasn't going to hunt this morning because it's Sunday. So I get my coffee and go to the sunroom to watch the birds at the feeders. I look beyond my palomino "Grinch" outside the barn and see a deer down in the open pasture at the pond. I glass it with the binos we keep on the table and see that it's a doe and there is another grazing behind her. Well it has antlers. I holler at my husband to come take a look. He does and then hands the binos back to me. The buck looks fairly decent but won't get out from behind the willow tree for me to get a better look. They look back at the woods and I see more deer running up in them. I have to go feed horses anyway, so I throw my camo clothes on over my night gown, grab my 30-06 and head to the barn. I know the deer can't see or smell me, but as I get to the barn, I see them running. Then I see something white. Sundance, one of our pups. He had one going up the creek, but the buck and doe were still in the pasture. He stopped and I got. good look, but I didn't shoot. He was pretty good, but it would compromise church. If he had been a wall hanger, I would have shot and figured something out. It was fun all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2016-2017 *Team 8* ANTLER ADDICTS

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Re: Coffee buck

Postby RoadRanger » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:44 pm

I sure was hoping for a picture after reading this. Sounds like a good time non the less
RoadRanger
Pope&Young

Postby flipper » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:39 pm

I was too busy trying to get changed and scurrying to the barn. Wish I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby LadyHunter » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:20 pm

What a great morning. I think the best part of this story though is your statement... he was pretty good, but it would compromise church. That is a life statement.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
To Old to Grow up Now!
2016/2017 Team 7.. Bone Collectors
2014/2015 Team 4
Team Rajun Sardis Bucks 2013/2014 Winners

WEAR YOUR SAFETY HARNESS!!!
LadyHunter
Pope&Young

Postby Dawg » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:00 pm

LadyHunter wrote:What a great morning. I think the best part of this story though is your statement... he was pretty good, but it would compromise church. That is a life statement.

AMEN!!!!!
Dawg
6 Point

Postby flipper » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:06 pm

LadyHunter wrote:What a great morning. I think the best part of this story though is your statement... he was pretty good, but it would compromise church. That is a life statement.

I am so blessed......beyond imagination, and I owe it all to my Savior. It's no sacrifice to pass on a buck (or hunting) to go to church. It's an honor and a wonderful privilege. The more I do for Him, the more I receive.

PROUD TO BE A DEPLORABLE
flipper
Pope&Young

Postby jv » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:50 pm

flipper wrote:

I am so blessed......beyond imagination, and I owe it all to my Savior. It's no sacrifice to pass on a buck (or hunting) to go to church. It's an honor and a wonderful privilege. The more I do for Him, the more I receive.

Amen, well said my friend
RESPECT THE LAND AS WELL AS THE GAME YOU HUNT

'Life is like a coin You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once'
jv
Pope&Young

Postby bigsteve » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:41 pm

We. All sometimes forget who makes all the things and blessings we are. allowed to enjoy

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk
TEAM #5 four of a kind 2014
VIETNAM 68--71 3RD MARINE DIV.
DIE HARD CRIMSON TIDE FAN !!!!!!
CROSS BOW HUNTING GEESSER
bigsteve
Deer Killing Machine

Return to Whitetail Deer Discussion